Head Coaches for Various Age Groups
- This is an 11 month, part-time, paid position.
- Pay is dependent upon coaching assignment, experience, and certification.
- Estimated commitment is 6-10 hours per week, depending upon coaching assignment and season.
- May require travel outside of the Portland area for games, depending upon league structure.
- Reports to the Director of Coaching.
- Minimum of USSF Grassroots Certification (higher licensing preferred).
- Coaching experience with young players.
- High ethical and professional standards.
- Able to be a role model for young athletes and public face of the club.
- Able to communicate effectively with players, parents, staff, and community members.
- Skilled in organization, time management, and public relations.
- A thorough knowledge of soccer, skill development, and coaching techniques.
- Able to teach soccer fundamentals, develop and teach game strategy, and articulate club philosophy.
- Playing experience at the high school and/or college level.
Newberg Youth Soccer is a small, community-oriented, competitive soccer club whose mission is centered around player development. Our goal is to provide a safe and fun place for kids to develop as players and people. We are looking to add quality people to our staff who will help every player within our programs to improve. Our teams compete within the Oregon Youth Soccer Association competitive leagues.
To see other available staff and volunteer positions visit our Leadership Team page.