We continue to move closer to being able to get on the field together. Perhaps only a couple more weeks!
This week there is some review of ball mastery skills for some as well as some new skills to figure out. There are also some fun videos including a classic Timbers game in the old Civic Stadium before the big MLS remodel. Take a look, get some touches in, and have some fun!
Here are this week’s skills…
For our younger/less-experienced players:
For more experienced/advanced players (some review & some new moves this week…):
More skills ideas…
If you would like another source for training ideas, check out Train With MLS Ball Mastery. They’ve got some good videos!
Here are a few more ideas for those who need a different challenge:
- NYRB Ball Mastery
- 5 Essential Dribbling Drills Every Player Should Master
- Full Football/Soccer Individual Dribbling Session | How to Improve Your Ball Control
Fun videos to watch…
- Top 10 Goals – Diego Valeri – Portland Timbers
- HIGHLIGHTS: MLS Cup 2015 – Columbus Crew SC vs. Portland Timbers | December 6, 2015
- NWSL CHAMPIONSHIP HIGHLIGHTS | North Carolina Courage 0, Portland Thorns FC 1
Full game to view…
For a bit of fun, I found a classic Portland Timbers game from 1976. It is only the 2nd half of the Timbers vs. New York Cosmos, but is quite entertaining & features Pele! This is what American soccer looked like in the middle of the 70’s…
Don’t forget about the juggling challenge, and remember to take a look at our previous posts for some more skills challenges and ideas.